For dogs with urate, calcium oxalate and cystine bladder stones:
- Reduced protein and calcium to reduce the urinary building blocks of urate, alcium oxalate and cystine crystals and bladder stones.
- Targets an alkaline pH to discourage the formation of urate, calcium oxalate and cystine crystals.
- High Vitamin E and Beta-carotene to neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis.
For dogs with chronic kidney disease (advanced stages):
- High quality and reduced protein to reduce workload on the kidneys.
- Reduced phosphorus to slow the progression of kidney disease.
- Reduced sodium to help slow the progression of kidney disease and limit fluid build up in early heart disease.
- Increased Vitamin B to combat losses which may occur during kidney disease.
To feed this product requires regular advice from your veterinarian. Ask your vet about Prescription Diet foods and they will advise you on appropriate foods, feeding guidelines and duration.
If you have any queries relating to the feeding of the diet email us at Contact UsApproximate Dimensions (Packaged):
H100 x W76 x D76mmApproximate Dimensions (Product):
H100 x W76x D76mmApproximate Product Weight (for Delivery charge calculation):
Composition and Nutrition
Suitable for pets of the following lifestage(s):
Adult and Mature Adult Cats.
Not recommended for kittens or pregnant or lactating queens.
Suitable for pets with the following dietary requirement(s):
Recommended for dissolution of urate and cystine uroliths.
Recommended for reduction of urate, oxalate and cystine uroliths formation
Recommended for chronic kidney disease - advanced (IRIS stage 4) and for hepatic copper storage disease.
Not recommended for dogs with struvite urolithiasis; for the first 1-2 weeks after surgery, or for dogs with hypoalbuminaemia, hyperlipidaemia or pancreatitis, or with a history of, or at risk of, pancreatitis.
Chicken and turkey meal, ground maize, ground rice, maize gulten meal, cellulose, animal fat, vegetable oil, digest, potassium chloride, calcium sulphate, salt, DL-methionine, dicalcium phosphate, taurine. Contains EU approved antioxidant.
Dry Matter: Protein 10.90%, Fat 20.50%, Carbohydrate (NFE) 63%, Fibre (crude) 2.60%, Moisture -, Calcium 0.29%, Phosphorus 0.20%, Sodium 0.24%, Potassium 0.62%, Magnesium 0.05%, Chloride 0.60%, Sulphur 0.24%, Hydroxyproline 0%, Copper 2.4 mg/kg, Sulphur amino acids 0.57%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.62%, Omega-6 fatty acids 3.27%, Taurine 0.10%, L-Carnitine 335 mg/kg, Vitamin A 13838 IU/kg, Vitamin D 703 IU/kg, Vitamin E 649 mg/kg, Beta-carotene 1.60 mg/kg.
Feeding Guide (approximate per day)
Body Weight (kg): Dry Grams
2kg: 45 - 60g; 5kg: 80 - 110g; 10kg: 130 - 185g, 20kg: 220 - 305g, 30kg: 300 - 415g; 40kg: 375 - 515; 50kg: 440 - 610; 60kg+: 9 - 11g per kg.
Guidelines only: adjust values to maintain optimal body weight. A 370g can is equal to 125 grams of the dry food.