How will the winners be chosen?
9. The Promoter’s judging panel will select the photos that in their view are the most deserving to win the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify photos which do not comply with the Facebook Guidelines (below). Up to 20 finalists per category will be chosen by the panel, to be posted on Facebook. The decisions of the judging panel are final and no discussion will be entered into concerned such decisions. The Promoter will in its absolute discretion determine which photos will be chosen as finalists.
10. The Promoter will upload the images of the finalists onto the Pets at Home Facebook page no later than 29 May 2013 when the voting process will commence. Simply get your friends and family to ‘like’ the image of your dog. The two finalists in each category with the highest number of votes will be the winners. In the event of a draw, the judging panel will have the final decision. Voting closes on 5 June 2013, and winners will be contacted by telephone or email with details of the photo shoot location no later than 7 June 2013.
11. Winners’ names will be made available on request. Please contact the Promoter for details. Pets at Home colleagues cannot enter this competition.
12. The winning dogs will:
- be featured in the September issue of the Pets at Home ‘My VIP’ magazine (available in all Pets at Home stores);
- be included on the Pets at Home website;
- be featured on Marketing material in Pets at Home stores;
- win a Full Groom at the Pets at Home Groom Room of your choice prior to the photo shoot;
- win £50 worth of Pets at Home gift vouchers to spend in store;
- and you will receive images of your dog on a CD after the photo shoot.
- Pets at Home will also cover the cost of the winner’s travel expenses to the photo shoot up to the cost £200 following receipt of any receipts.
13. Winners must be happy to be involved in any PR opportunities including social, print and online.
14. The prizes described above are subject to availability and there are no cash alternatives. No fee will be paid for reproduction of any photos.
15. The promoter of the competition is Pets at Home Limited, Epsom Avenue, Stanley Green Trading Estate, Handforth, Cheshire SK9 3RN.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any unauthorised use of intellectual property rights in any photos submitted by entrants. Except where liability cannot lawfully be excluded, the Promoter will not be responsible for any costs, damage, liability, loss or injury resulting from entrants' entry into the competition. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries which are lost or not received or which cannot be sent due to technical or service issues or for any other reason. Proof of emailing a photo will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter. These T&Cs are governed by English law.
17. Please consider the Pets at Home Facebook Guidelines when submitting photos of your dog, as successful photos will be posted on the Pets at Home Facebook page.
The photo shoot
18. The photo shoot will take place in a photography studio in Manchester, and the winning dogs will be expected to walk up and down a catwalk-style runway, and sit and look at the camera. We will dress your dog in 3 or more winter fashion outfits, for each outfit we will require multiple shots as well as a video of your pet on a lead walking up and down the catwalk. With this in mind, please only submit your entry if your dog is comfortable:
- around other dogs;
- around groups of people they are unfamiliar with;
- under bright lights in a photography studio; and
- has a basic level of obedience, as they will be required to sit and stay on demand and walk with a lead.
19. With the welfare of your dog in mind, we can only allow a limited time for the winner’s dogs to be used in the photo shoot. If we feel your dog is stressed or isn’t comfortable, we will stop the shoot immediately and unfortunately won’t be able to continue. A reasonable time frame for a photo shoot for a dog is no more than 2 hours. Winners will be required to sign a “Model Release Form” at the photography studio, giving the Promoter the right to use the images, before the photo shoot can commence.
20. A member of the crew will walk your dog up and down the catwalk, however owners may be required to do this, so will be required to attend the shoot in dark /preferably black clothing as you may be seen in the shot/video with your dog.
21. By entering this competition, you agree that whilst copyright in all photos submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrant, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Promoter to feature any or all of the submitted photos, as well as the photos and videos we will take of the winning dogs in any of the Promoter’s publications, websites and/or in any of its marketing, publicity or promotional materials. This may be in printed, electronic, digital or any other format (including on the Pets at Home website and YouTube and any other website owned or operated by Pets at Home, any of its group companies and its charity, Support Adoption for Pets). The images and videos may also be circulated images to various media, such as local press, to raise publicity.